Greater Noida: Taking major action against illegal encroachment and plotting in the notified area, Greater Noida Authority freed about 24 thousand square meters of land from encroachment in Bilaspur. On Wednesday, the authority team reached the spot and demolished the illegal construction. The estimated value of the land freed from encroachment is said to be around Rs 48 crore.
This action was taken on the instructions of the authority’s CEO NG Ravi Kumar. According to officials, some colonizers were trying to capture the land of Khasra No. 1554 of Bilaspur by illegal plotting and construction. The authority had earlier issued a notice to the concerned people and instructed them to remove the encroachment, but despite this the encroachment was not removed.
Land was vacated by demolishing illegal construction
After this, the authority took strict steps and took demolition action. The team of Work Circle-8 reached the spot under the leadership of Nagendra Singh, senior manager of the project department. Security personnel of the authority were also present during the action. The team demolished the illegal construction and freed the land from encroachment. Greater Noida Authority General Manager AK Singh said that no illegal construction or plotting will be accepted in the notified area. Such cases are being continuously monitored by the authority and wherever illegal occupation is found, action will be taken as per rules.
Appeal to avoid illegal colonies
Authority’s ACEO Sumit Yadav has appealed to the people to contact the authority before purchasing land in Greater Noida area and get complete information about the plot and land. He said that people should not waste their hard-earned money by buying plots in illegal colonies. According to officials, action will continue against those who construct without permission or do illegal plotting of land in the notified area. The authority says that those who illegally occupy the land will not be given protection under any circumstances.
This action taken in Bilaspur is being considered a part of the authority’s anti-encroachment campaign. After freeing the land worth about Rs 48 crore from encroachment, now the focus is on whether any attempt at illegal construction or plotting takes place here again. Officials have clarified that immediate action will be taken if such attempts come to light.
