Sports

Nightclub controversy again in England, police handcuffed star bowler, ECB started investigation

admin
By admin On August 23, 2026
3 min read 1.2k views
Nightclub controversy again in England, police handcuffed star bowler, ECB started investigation
Brydon Carse: Before the second Test match against Pakistan at Lord’s, England cricket team’s fast bowler Brydon Carse is embroiled in a new controversy. A video of him being handcuffed by police officers outside a nightclub in Derby late on Saturday night (22 August) is going viral on social media. After this video went viral, the England and Wales Cricket Board has started an official investigation into the matter. The incident is said to have taken place during late night celebrations after Durham’s County Championship win against Derbyshire.

Braydon Kars caught in nightclub dispute

According to social media and British media reports, Carrs was seen in a viral video being stopped and handcuffed by several police officers outside the nightclub. During that time, Durham and England teammate Matthew Potts was seen talking with him, while former England captain Ben Stokes was also seen present nearby. According to the report, police detained Kars only briefly, but he was not formally arrested and was released without charges. After this he returned to the team hotel.

The statement of England Cricket Board has also come out on this incident. The England Cricket Board said, ‘We are fully aware of the incident that took place in the derby and are currently investigating the matter. Further information on this will be given at the appropriate time.

Will Brydon Carse play in Lord’s Test?

29-year-old Brydon Carse was one of the most successful fast bowlers for England on the Ashes tour. Recently, after not getting a place in the playing 11 of the first Test played against Pakistan at Headingley, he was released to play the county match, where in Durham’s victory he took 2 wickets, while Ben Stokes took 5 wickets. Carse has been included in the England squad for the second Test against Pakistan starting at Lord’s from Thursday, but after this controversy he is facing the threat of action.

This is the second case of England cricket related to nightclub in recent times. Earlier in June, action was taken against Stokes and fast bowler Gus Atkinson following a nightclub incident. A few days after this incident, Stokes had also announced his retirement from international cricket. Now this matter has brought England cricket under the scanner.]

admin

admin

Bringing you the latest news and in-depth analysis from around the world.

Leave a Comment